Below is a list of changes in the 1.7 update:
- Changed app name from TWiT.TV to TWiT
- Added version number to splash screen & settings tab to help with bug reporting
- Added more streaming options to the ‘Watch Live’ page
- Better live stream navigation (two rows instead of one)
- Moved show quality selection to settings tab to provide more space. It also affects the quality of episodes in the recent tab.
- Better show navigation (5×5 grid instead of one really long row)
- Minor graphics tweaks (Mostly just color changes to follow the TWiT Developer Guide: http://wiki.twit.tv/Developer_Guide)
- Album art for shows are now stored locally to save bandwidth
This update was also supposed to contain a favorites tab which would allow you to just see a list of your favorite shows. The boxee api doesn’t provide an easy way to do this but hopefully I figure out a way to do it and get that feature released A.S.A.P.
In this update I added Google Analytics code to track app launches.
This update fixes an issue with content not loading on launch.
I just updated the TWiT.TV Boxee App to v1.4. The new version adds the ability to change the default window to: “Watch Live”, “Shows”, “Recent”, or “Last Active Window”. I also made the app remember the last used live stream so it defaults to it. There is also the ability for the user to change the show quality to: “Audio”, “SD Low”, “SD High”, or “HD”.
v1.4 will be available in the standard Boxee Repository when it is accepted by the Boxee Application Submission Team.
The new TWiT TV Boxee app is here. It has been a while since the app has been updated and this latest update is huge! I just finished up v1.3 over the weekend. Here is what is new in the v1.3 update:
- New UI to match the TWiT.TV redesign
- Replaced flash video streams with HTTP Live Streams (HLS)
- Added 4 streams:
- BitGravity Low
- BitGravity High
- Added ‘Science News Weekly’ feed
- Added trademark info to lower left corner
- Added breedingbits.com to lower right corner
Here are some screenshots: